Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

THE Dan Brown

Ultimately, the best novels I've read in a long while. He's written 4 books - I've read 3 of them : Da Vinci Code, Deception Point and Angels & Demons. Just finished the latter an hour ago. Non-stop page-turning suspense. Recommended to everyone.

Having a reading frenzy ever since I got back from London. Rediscovered the joys of reading, because in London, everywhere I went, especially in the Tube, people were reading reading reading. And I got hooked once again.

A few weeks back I finished this book about England during Henry V's time - "The Queen's Fool" by Philippa Gregory. Another fantastic book.

Good books - as defined by me - transport you temporarily to worlds otherwise not available to your physical self. Reading is definitely a delight that I thoroughly enjoyed when I was younger, before I hit university and was too engrossed in so many other activities. Even now, I don't think I can afford the luxury of spending so much time reading - my nights are much shorter now because of that, and my lecture notes seem to be spending less time with me.

But, reading's been ingrained into me since I was a little kid - which explains my glasses. Nonetheless, the world of fiction is your oyster :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you've got the Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons book at home?? Cool. Heard bout these book a lot and wanna read it... will have all the time when i get back home to read them.. right now, it's crunch time and gotta tackle my textbooks first...

~christina~