Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 14, 2007

Trying to be Cinderella

I zipped till my pointer fingers were red and raw (okay, exaggerating). Tried on so many gowns. Was quite fun to just stroll through the many hanging dresses, pick out the ones I like, throw them in a bundle on the floor, and finally try them on one by one. All these glamourous gowns.

Love Vision SS2 has a huge selection of wedding gowns. When I finally tried on something I really liked, I found out it had already been booked by another bride on the same day. Apparently, LV has 20 brides who are getting married on the same day as I am! I don't know whether to feel reassured or unspecial.

So, I continued trying until eventually I found one I liked. It's not all white as I'd envisioned my wedding gown to be. But then, it's got embroidery the way I like it, and I was already getting tired from all the zipping up and down. This was on a Friday evening after work.

The evening gown selection wasn't very vast. But I managed to pick a number of gowns in the unlikeliest colours, haha :) The final step was shortlisting. Out of the many shortlisted gowns, I had to choose 3 wedding gowns and 4 evening gowns for the photoshoot - with 3 to be booked for my wedding day. Eh, doing this wasn't easy, seeing that I could only pick 3 designer category gowns with the rest being super VIP gowns (out of the many I'd tried on, I dunno why I seem to like the designer ones better, hah) and the rest weren't actually my dream gowns. I know, I'm fussy. But aiya, a bride can afford to be a bit fussy la.

KF was very patient, waiting for me to walk in and out of the fitting room. Told me which ones made me look real fat. Sifted through dresses to help me make choices. Was his usual sarcastic self. Sat through a growling hungry tummy. Unselfishly let me use up the entire RM1200 voucher we had just so I could upgrade to designer gowns. And at the end of it all (3 1/2 hours in total), gallantly whipped out his credit card to pay the bridal studio. My hero :)

On Saturday, we went with Dennis to scout out possible locations in Putrajaya for the photoshoot. Original idea was Shangri-La, but the greenery wasn't very, well, green. Mariott was much greener, but the interior didn't match Shang's. So, it's either classy interior shots in the Shang, or outdoor shots at TTDI or Lake Gardens. Still open to ideas.

Oh, and last week, I made my first bridal purchase - a pair of white strappy sandals with diamante detail from Sembonia. I'm super proud of this purchase because it's one of the cheapest shoes I've ever bought! Okay, I'm a sucker for expensive shoes because I want comfort above it all, and comfy shoes seem to suck money. But, since wedding shoes can't exactly be comfortable, I settled for something with a medium-sized heel, a good rubber grip and a nice height. Hmm, now the shoes don't sound sexy. But then, a bride has every reason to buy a few more pairs, doesn't she? ;)

Countdown : 6 more months away!

When is my wedding

No comments: