Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Whoosh

Gwen Stefani is rocking KL on August 21st! Indoor stadium too! Ahhh, how I wish. But no, I am spending a small fortune for the next half a year already (like I don't spend a small fortune any other time of my life, hah), so I shall resist. I resisted King & I, My Fair Lady, Phantom of the Opera, various choir concerts at KLPac, (yah, so nice to list the things I sacrificed and indulge in self-pity), I can resist this too. Anyway, we splurged at Sammi Cheng's concert - which was actually quite good, if not for her fan club sitting in front of us waving tall neon lights and big placards. I liked that she put in loads of effort in her dancing - she doesn't dance with all her might, but I like the way she dances in her don't-care attitude, the way she is "sampat" but endearing, and just, basically, her charm. She's put on a bit of weight (rest must have done her good) and looks better now (although maybe her SK-II endorsement was temporarily suspended when she was on holiday). She looked a bit older at the concert, maybe her make-up artist wasn't very good. But, anyway, it was nice to go up to Genting and just feel the cold air. I'm looking forward to treasure-hunting up to Cameron Highlands next month. Also, looking forward to HARRY POTTER! OMG, there is NOTHING else I'm looking forward to more in July, absolutely nothing. The 5th movie, on the 14th I believe, and the final book, on the 22nd - the day which I leave for my very 1st treasure hunt. I can't believe my colleagues managed to persuade me to postpone reading Harry Potter while we go hunt for tea leaves or whatever else it is people do in treasure hunts all the way up to Equatorial Cameron. I can't believe I won't be 1st in line to get my pre-ordered copy (the book, btw, is a bit expensive, but eh, nothing Harry Potter is too expensive, hah). And oh yes, I'm also looking forward to our 3-day company getaway to Chiangmai. We're staying near the famed Night Bazaar, and if it's as famous as it is known for, I hope to bring back loadsa stuffs (I always say that, don't I?). And yes, the end of the month, THE photoshoot. No, I'm not a super slim model yet, not gonna be by then too. But, I heard that bridal studio photographers are magicians ;) So yesterday, I attended my first gym class - Step. Been, what, 2 years since I went for my last Step class? So yesterday, I huffed and puffed my way through one class, thoroughly enjoyed myself, loved the exhausted red-cheeked face sweating profusely looking back from the mirror, and I vow to at least make it once a week to gym, if for nothing else, at least for Step (although today, I feel like I got a permanent cramp behind my right calf and my left thigh feels like splitting from the joints whenever I go to toilet). I also wanna try Bodypump (never did it before because I got intimidated by the weights la), the Bellyjam class (I did feel intimidated watching the ongoing class from outside glass panels, those girls looked so pro leh), the Bodyattack class (I surfed the Les Mills website and gee, this workout sounds like one heckuva workout), the Cardiowave and RPM sessions (just to see if I can). Aiya, I want to try so many things. The pool too! When it opens, supposedly middle of July. And yes, next month's my birthday - heehee. GSC and JCard already sent me my birthday vouchers. 27 years old! You know, I always thought 27'd be the perfect age to marry - I guess seriously, (if you've read The Secret by Rhonda Byrne), the law of attraction and powerful visualisation is for real - whatever your mind can conceive and believe, it will achieve. Now, I just have to start dreaming seriously of free round-the-world travel tickets and fully-paid 5-star hotels. I am prone to drama, my life doesn't have enough of it, and I don't wish it to. At all.

No comments: