Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The L'oreal equation

I had to do something I thought would be difficult, but was surprisingly easy, albeit I now have that uncomfortable feeling, which will probably go away in time. Melodramatic lehh ...

I was offered a job last month. Excellent pay, good benefits, promising future. I was all up for it and ready to leave.

But not wanting to burn my bridges, I spoke to my current employer to inform him of the super-lucrative offer that will take away one of his most valued staff (haha, perasan). Apparently I wasn't being perasan. My boss was willing to up my current package - although it wouldn't reach the heights of the new offer.

I weighed the pros and cons (edited: with lots of help from the 2 brains of Nat+mini-Nat) - working hours, flexibility (ability to do what I like without someone breathing down my neck all the time), development quotient, comfort level, work location, the persistence of my current employer, the possibilities of the new job. The current one won by a slim margin.

So I made the call to the other side to politely decline his very good offer. He sounded colder than before. To be expected la, right? But I still feel queasy - because I turned down a perfectly good offer with the lousy excuse that my current boss won't let me go.

I just wish my current boss makes this worthwhile for me. I know I'm worth it, but bosses never do realize that, do they?

2 comments:

Natallie said...

hey hey! not fair! u forgot to mention me! i was there all along to offer lousy advice! muahahaha! jk jk.. anyway, fingers and toes (both bb's and mine) crossed that you boss' offer will come soon enough :)

Amy W. said...

edited already! sorry yah, kacang lupakan kulit pulak ...! :P