Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 24, 2008

It's another long weekend! The last one before holiday-filled December (a month which consists mostly of 4-day work weeks, yippee!)

I shall be spending this weekend at 2 weddings. I've lost count of how many I've been to this year. I think I've attended 7, and had to decline 5 (but the yan ching still goes). There should be only 1 more before 2008 ends (not counting this weekend's 2). And I've already got 2 invites for 2009.

I like weddings. Seeing the bride and groom try to get through the day's tedious proceedings, and the groom being so caring of the bride, knowing it's almost 10 times worse for her having to go thru the long make-up sessions and wearing those heavy gowns around.

And I like the dinners, because they become a reunion of sorts - seeing people you wouldn't normally take time to meet, everyone gathering just to say that loud yam seng to the couple on stage. And everyone catching up with everyone's life - who's jumped the corporate ladder to where, who's getting married, who already is (and didn't let us know), who is ballooning for 9 months, who just had a full moon party. Life just whizzes by the older we get.

1 comment:

Natallie said...

aiyoo.. u make us sound so old!!!