Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 20, 2012

Counting down ... (2)

Since I've been home the whole week (on MC, but I basically worked from home), I suddenly have some time on my hand and realized I need to blog down some of these before I become a Dory mum. Admittedly, my thoughts will be scattered everywhere and I will blog what I suddenly remember.

1st trimester
I suffered from frequent headaches. Thankfully, Dr said it was perfectly okay to pop Panadols, as long as I didn't exceed the dosage of 2 tablets per 6 hours. He said it wouldn't go to the placenta. And he said that if Panadols worked for me, that was good and nothing to worry about, as Panadols were extremely safe for pregnancy. Ok, I was reassured.

Dr also mentioned that the growing fibroid was the reason why I was having headaches, as the fibroid was restricting blood flow back to my brain. Sounds logical enough. So I continued popping Panadols throughout - I basically needed to pop only 2 Panadols, and I'd be okay, and I took it almost every day for a couple of weeks at the end of my 1st trimester.

2nd trimester
Less Panadols required. The headaches had gone down to very occasional ones - maybe once every 1-2 weeks. I was happy. I resorted to hairwashes at the saloon to massage away my headaches.

Baby's kicks have become stronger - and baby likes to move most when I am seated, especially at meetings. I have to try my best to maintain my composure when baby gives me a hard kick during a meeting.

At the end of this trimester, my tummy began to show a very faint line of stretchmarks. I resigned myself to the fact that I won't be one of the lucky ones to escape them.

3rd trimester
No Panadols at all. Yippee yay. Spidey stretchmarks spreading around the tummy, the linea nigra is becoming more faintly obvious (although thankfully, still quite light), and the belly button is slowly protruding out. Baby wriggles alot these days, and I love it. Sometimes it gets a bit awkward and I have to "sayang" my tummy back into a comfortable shape, but most of the time I'm always happy when I feel baby moving in me.

Today's my next weekly appointment with Dr Menon - hope it's good. We're discussing the delivery procedures today, and I'll put up my birth plan to him.

And, on a happy note, KF got me a Samsung Galaxy SIII for my birthday! I'd been clamoring a little for an iPhone 4S since earlier this year and I was disappointed when I found out that my annual bonus would only come in 2 installments in August and October. I really wanted the iPhone for its camera function so I could snap photos of baby all the time. The SIII was just launched in KL a couple of weeks ago, so I was so happy to get one - thank you dear! :)

No comments: