Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Bits of news

- My beautiful blooming amaryllis has finally stopped blooming. It bloomed six very beautiful flowers, lasted about 4-7 days per flower, then they were gone. I just cut off the flower stem today. The stem's hollow, just like water lilies. Now, I'm supposed to water the remaining leaves regularly. 8 months later, I'm supposed to add fertilizer to the water, and then stop watering it gradually. The bulb is then to be put in a cold dark place (sounds like the store-room). 3 months later, I can re-pot it again to see if it grows flowers again. That's a whole year from now! Gardening sure requires patience.

- Someone left a note on my windscreen today : "Kalau ada plan nak jual kereta, sila call Khalid xxx-xxxx xxx. Lambat pun tak apa." Got a bit uneasy, cos now I know that my car does indeed attract a lot of attention, probably cos it's painted silver and looks new. My car's like me, hates attention, better to be a wallflower than to stand out :P But then again, if he'd offer me RM60K for the car, it won't be such a bad idea hor?

- There's nothing showing in the cinemas lately. Why?? I'm bored and miss the movies. Actually, I miss going and sitting in a dark room with lotsa people watching flickering lights from a big screen while munching noisily. I don't really fancy watching from a computer screen - although my screen's rather huge and state-of-the-art, if I do say so myself :P

- If you're buying a property worth RM260K and borrow 90% from the bank, you will need to be earning at least RM3,520/- per month (provided you're not already servicing a car loan, of which if you are, your salary must be higher). RM260K can only get you a basic 1-storey terrace house in PJ or a 2-storey house in Puchong.

- If you're buying an apartment worth RM160K and borrow 90% from the bank, you'll need to be earning at least RM2,200/- per month (subject to terms and conditions la, of course). RM160K can get you a basic 3rooms/2baths apartment in Klang Valley measuring about 800sf.

- Conclusion : My flower's gone, my car's making me insecure, I'm bored and I can't afford a place of my own. What other complains haven't I made yet? Oh yes ...

No comments: