Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 21, 2006

21 days into the year

2 Jan - Officially began post as Assistant Manager. Nothing to like about the job, but with quite a few things to hate about it. There's something wrong with the equation somewhere, because optimistic me seldom becomes this negative about something. But I will not leave the company, because it is the only one where I can go home at 5.30pm sharp if I feel like it, without the boss staring daggers (but I have to put up with direct statements of "stay back later if your cases are clocking up long completion days").

10 Jan - Housewarming party at my family's new house. My dad has too many friends. The food wasn't enough, although everyone praised the fried chicken. However, definitely not throwing something like this again for a very long time. Too much work.

11 Jan - Took the day off work, just to go CNY shopping with the darling. It is a total delight to shop on weekdays. And I realized that it has been too long since both of us spent such a nice time together. Work stress affects relationships, apparently.

14 Jan - Went shopping in the Golden Triangle! With KF, Dennis and David. It has been too long since I've been there, as I can only remember the last time I did serious shopping there was when Cindy and I were mere kids. I realized that when we crossed the bridge from Sg Wang to Lot 10 and it's not the same bridge I used to use! The old one used to have an escalator bringing shoppers from the noodle house outside Sg Wang to the bridge which connects to Isetan Lot 10. The new one doesn't need you to climb stairs - which is good la. Luckily parking was free thanks to David's season parking pass.

20 Jan - Had dinner with Nat, Lan and San. Excitedly discussing Lan's upcoming wedding, the details, the preparations. Dinner was on me, on the occasion of my promotion. Manhattan Fish Market in Mid Valley is good - excellent Western seafood. And it's been months since I stepped into Mid Valley. Was glad to note that parking is still RM1 per entry, as compared to the exorbitant rates now charged at 1Utama and Sunway Pyramid :P

So today, the 21st day of the year - nothing significant but will spend the morning typing up my thesis (deadline's end of February). Afternoon will be for the darling. And evening for family. The usual weekend.

What is significant is that this year there will be numerous house-warming parties and weddings to attend. I've already received 3 wedding invitations for February and March.

And I have resolved that after my thesis has finished, I will spend more time with my friends and family, begin working and studying seriously to get my valuer's license and of course, put in lots of effort to make my new house pretty and homey :)

My to-do list for 2006:
1. Finish my thesis by 28 February.
2. Complete the 2nd year of my valuer's log book by 30 June (reminds me that I need to speak to my boss for more acquisition cases).
3. Completed Task 1 for my valuer's license by 31 December.
4. Renovated and decorated our new house.
5. Travel to London for my graduation and visit Paris.
6. Make a trip to Redang Island.
7. Organize one family trip.
8. Do something for my own spiritual and emotional development (I realized that is lacking in my yearly things-to-do).
9. Look out for better professional positions.

Looks like it'll be another busy year :)

No comments: