Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The evil called thin

After a week of getting up at 6am to work on the cross-trainer, self-restrain on carbohydrates and sugar food, and with help from Biotherm's Celluli-zone, I successfully lost 3kg!!

Very unfortunately, I put them all back during the weekend. I do not know how I did that. I feel like the hamster on the wheel.

And I realized that "being thin" can very easily become an obsession.

Those slimming centres are starting to look really attractive. Unluckily (or luckily), I can't afford to lose that much money, I can only afford to lose calories. So too bad, Marie France, you're not tempting me.

I think I'm not meant to only be concentrating on only one thing. When I was doing my Masters, I so looked forward to the days when I only had to think of work and not assignments. Then now, when I have finished my Masters, I spend all my time (and I mean all my time), remembering to tighten my tummy muscles, work those thighs and arms, reject that bowl of rice or slice of bread, sit less at the table and stand more at the photocopy machine, eat only when I feel real hungry, drag myself out of bed at ungodly hours ... work is always taking second place behind something else.

But then, trying to be slim is already blardy hard work.

My only motivation is that if I manage to regain my 21-year-old waistline, I'll be a happy woman, and Rome will be a beautiful shopping city :)

Darn the supermodels and all designers who only design pretty clothes for the thin.

No comments: