Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A few minutes in between

A home requires so much of your time and energy. Well, more like, making a home requires lorry-loads of time and energy. Our lawyer told us to be ready to receive vacant possession in a couple of weeks' time. So we're in a quotation-shopping frenzy. Add to that the many choices of taps, toilet bowls, kitchen sinks, showerheads, cabinets, wardrobes, doors, locks, paint colours, lights, drawers and what-have-you's. Enough to turn anyone's hair grey.

But, it's actually happy news. Because we're getting the keys soon! After Raya, if all goes well, we get to start renovations and then hopefully, KF gets to move in by Christmastime. We started off having quite a lot of fun looking at the various variations of everything there is. But the novelty is starting to wear off, and we're starting to realize what a humongous task we have at hand :P

I am, however, learning a lot. So much more than I'm learning at work :P Really, renovating a house and building a home is a diploma in itself.

The haze is getting to me. The inspection list is growing in my in-tray, but I'm trying to delay making those appointments as long as I possibly can because hanging out in the smog is just not my idea of a good work day. But, work is work and I get paid to do what I do - the tediousness of earning a living.

And oh, I've finally handed in my 2nd year log book! *big clap on the back* Another accomplished goal for the year.

Today's a public holiday in Selangor, and I managed to use it to run errands at the banks in Damansara Heights - hehe. It's great that Selangor has extra 3 days' public holidays, great Sultan we have :)

I guess it shows that I'm tired. Hazy days are depressing, gets to your bones - or nose and throat, more like. I wonder if the people up in Genting can differentiate between smog and fog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kitchen cabinets update! decided on those?? hehe.. i like the white ones which uses heat to laminate a poly-something layer, but mum wants wood.. how do you get a decision case across from here.. help! lemme know if u see these ones!

House at bukit tinggi next ? .. hehe fog or smog??!?!!! hehehehe Answer SFMOG (both)

Anonymous said...

-cindy-