Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 08, 2007

My left ankle

I'm stuck home today with a sprained ankle. This happening left ankle of mine is the reason why 4 years ago I became a comfortable-shoes advocate for Clarks, Hush Puppies, Scholl and Primavera. And yesterday, this happening ankle of mine decided to remind me for the 4th (or 5th, I can't keep count) time that I should watch where I'm stepping. Even while wearing perfectly flat Ipanema slippers.

But thank goodness for the flats, and thank goodness for KF's strong hand, and thank goodness it was only a short small step at The Curve, because this time the missed-step didn't cause as much pain as last time. Goodness, I still get shivers when I remember how I missed one step at home, brrr.

Since a couple of months back, this happening ankle has been giving me slight needly pains whenever it's about to rain. Yes, I do believe it's early signs of rheumatism (before I'm 30!) and due to all the sprained episodes on the same ankle. My "lucky" ankle is the reason why I spend hundreds on shoes (comfy shoes don't come cheap) and why I walk quite slowly (needing to watch every step I take).

But I guess there's a reason for everything. I'm grateful that the pain is not as excruciating as previous episodes. And that it gives me reason to sit and do nothing for a day or two. Can you hear that tune? "Al-ways look-on-the brighhhht-side-of-life!"

1 comment:

Natallie said...

oh no... the same ankle AGAIN?! i remember how we went around searching for chinese "tit ta" to rub your ankle when we were in uni! and how scared u were when the "tit ta" wanted to rub.. and even b4 he lay his fingers on your ankle, you start squashing my hand and said it's painful! hahaha.. take care-lah auntie!!