Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 20, 2007

The end of Harry


This shall be the reason I am going to be holed up from Sunday onwards.


Reminiscently, I can remember that when the 6th book came out, I was whisked away to PD Avillion to enjoy the book - free from spoilers divulged via the papers, the radio, the tv, or the Internet. KF patiently waited for me to finish the book, to be completely antisocial, and then when I was done (after being completely devastated and reduced to sniffles), I wanted to read the book all over again, but of course, it was then his turn to retreat from the world.
Unfortunately, I can't do the same thing this time.
I hope, I really truly hope, I do not hear any spoilers from the radio on the way down from Cameron Highlands, or glance upon intruding headlines on the Sunday papers. Please let me make it home safe in the knowledge that I'll have a few days of pure joy (or horror) when I eventually get my hands on this book. And, I will not be blogging any review of the book at all. But I'll shout out when I'm done, so you can call me and we can rant about the ending together.
On an unrelated note, I cannot believe that Tesco and Carrefour are selling the book at RM69.90 when I pre-ordered mine for RM109.90 from Popular! Don't like the idea of being ripped off by the major bookstores. Glad to know that all bookstores and hypermarkets open at 7.01am tomorrow for everyone to get their final Harry fix. I'll be flagging off at that time, hopefully completely absorbed with tulips and anagrams and signboards to be able to withstand Hogwarts' power until the next day.
Have a very harry weekend! :)

No comments: