Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Last Friday night started with the latest episode of American Idol Season 8 - and Adam Lambert's performance BLEW US AWAY!!! The rankings based on the Motown Week performance :
  1. Adam Lambert - I love love LOVE that he can be both a gothic rocker and an Elvis impersonator
  2. Alison Iraheta - doesn't she remind you of Kelly Clarkson?
  3. Kris Allen - been quite some time since I saw a guy this cute!
  4. Matt Giraud - nice voice, great piano skills, maybe running a little under the radar
  5. Danny Gokey - because he sings well and I like his voice, but the Motown performance sucked a bit, like he was trying to be louder than the loud music
  6. Anoop Desai - he should sing songs like this all the time, and that IT-nerd aura plus wardrobe is so adorable
  7. Lil Rounds - her lungs are huge, but for this round I didn't like the shouting
  8. Megan Joy - she's really really pretty, but how I wish she could sing
  9. Michael Sarver - I like his sincerity, and he can actually sing, but he's at a disadvantage because the guys this season are strong
  10. Scott - I admire his tenacity in hanging on in this competition when he's practically blind (his vision is apparently like "looking thru a straw hole"), but his voice just doesn't cut it for me, although he has absolutely brilliant piano fingers

At this point, I don't know who I'd like to see as the final 2, because I think every one in my top rated 5 have a strong chance of making it.

3 of my faves - Kris Allen, Alison Iraheta and Adam Lambert
And if you still haven't become an Idol addict like me (I have to confess that before this, I've never watched a single episode of Idol before), you should check out Adam's rendition of "Tracks of my tears" on youtube - I guarantee you'll be bowled over. And that song will be running endlessly in your mind, not annoying at all, because it's a beautiful song.

Oh yes, as I started out saying, the weekend started fabulously with American Idol. Spent Saturday morning doing chores, then had tea with friends at Delicious in Bangsar Village II. First time I went to BVII, and I can understand why people like it there - it's a neighbourhood mall, parking is easy and close to the entrances, the shops are not really for browsing but more for actual purchasers, and they have some brands I've never seen before. Nice.

Then we went for dinner with the family at the RSC in Mont Kiara, before returning home to a festive atmosphere - the kids next door were having a lantern festival in honour of Earth Hour 2009. Cool! Many families had switched off their house lights and were having night-strolls around the neighbourhood, adding to the party-like ambience. After sorting out our busted modem (lightning probably struck when we were out), we too joined in to hang around in the dark for an hour - helped by Ikea apple-scented candles, yums.

On Sunday, we started on our tax files. Not that we have much to file. But, the filing and sorting of the various receipts take time :P KF finished packing all his wintry-wear for Beijing, we lazed around the house, had dinner at my parents', then he went off to the airport for his flight.

So, I've been a bachelorette for 2 days. Nice to be pampered at my parents' home, no need to do laundry or wash dishes or clean up after someone or even think of what to eat. But, I love being a wife more - the Cancerian in me needs it to be so ;)

Happy April Fools' tomorrow!

2 comments:

jacylnng said...

I agree with the AL and AI comments. Both if continue with that strong performance would be able to make it to the finals.
I am pretty clueless about judges cheering on DG. Pretty much average for me.

tightpantiz said...

adam lambert is a vampire