Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 24, 2005

The Half-Blood Prince

A very good read. I rate this book the 2nd best in the series after The Goblet of Fire.

Don't worry, no spoilers ahead.

The plot basically sets down the storyline for the final book of the series, due to be out in the next 2 years. There's lots of dialogues and flashbacks - I guess JK Rowling's setting the scene and finalising details for the final installment. But, no, this is not a boring book. The book starts off on a sombre-but-tickled-my-funny-bones conversation between the real world's Prime Minister (presumably Tony Blair) and the Minister of Magic. It then rushes through with many new revelations and plot-twists and characters-that-keep-you-guessing. Nothing will ever beat The Goblet of Fire in terms of action, drama and a well-written plot - but The Half-Blood Prince truly is a satisfying read.

I finished this book last Sunday - yes the day after it was released. And when I'd finished, I looked around frantically for someone to discuss the book with. Thank goodness for JC. But because the person next to me hadn't read it yet, I couldn't fully express and discuss with JC on the phone, or I'd be revealing all the surprises in the book. Yes somebody dies - and I was not informed at all that someone would die, let alone accept the fact of who had died! But, no, enough of that, or I'll be responsible for spoiling it for those who haven't read.

I'll reveal this little fact : the character I found most intriguing was that of Professor Snape. His evil-but-good persona left me wanting more.

How am I going to wait for the 7th book??

No comments: