Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 18, 2006

To the Eternal City


The more I read up about Rome, the more excited I am that I'll be going. Because KF has agreed to go with me when I *cross fingers* attend my graduation in London in July.

I'm researching right now on the cheapest ways to travel in order to minimize the damage. Euros and pounds are definitely heavy-duty currencies. Right now, it seems like travelling by train or by low-cost flight from London to Rome both cost about the same, although flights are of course a time-saver. But the idea of travelling by Eurostar, stopping in Paris to check out the Eiffel Tower, and then taking an overnight sleeper train to Rome seems like a very interesting and romantic adventure.

However, have to wait for a couple of friends to confirm their participation before I proceed to book the inter-travel tickets. This Monday itself I'll be booking my flight to London, hopefully with cheap airfares. The lousy underhanded technique of the current MAS travel fair by selling one-way tickets are definitely not something I admire. After everything, it's RM4,000/- for a return ticket to London ... like helloo, they call this discounted airfare? 2 years ago I went to London for RM3,000/- by MAS and that was the full fare. Yea yea, fuel price increase and security charges and million-dollar-paintings for the CEO's room ...

So yes, bottomline, budget is tight. But hopefully it shall be worth it. I've heard and read that Rome is very pretty. And that everyone throws coins into the world's famous Trevi Fountain to ensure a safe return journey to Rome in the future. Romanticism in Rome.

No comments: