Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Hang in there

Getting a new house ready is blardy stressful. Not helped by the fact that I've no more leaves left (already running on advanced leave) and that stress levels are running high everywhere, trying to get things ready on a self-imposed deadline.

Through this process, I've learnt a few things. Among which are :
  1. If you can't manage events, you won't be able to handle the stress of moving house. The good thing about going through this process is you realize that you can either bend under stress but not break, or that you're just not cut out for these stuffs which is when you start screaming at everything.
  2. Paint colour doesn't really look like what's in the colour chart.
  3. Plumbing works are messy.
  4. Interest-free installment plans are a godsent.
  5. Some contractors are very neat, punctual and reliable. Some others just make your life difficult and mess things up.
  6. Expect to blow your budget (maybe by about 30% - 50%). Because somehow or other, you'll want your house to look pretty and comfortable. And somehow or other, your original budget won't allow that. Because somehow or other, prices of furniture and everything else just continues soaring higher and higher as the weeks fly by.

I could go on and on, I really could. I'm glad the process is coming to an end soon because I think the next bend I make will definitely make me break. Emotional Pilates is not something I can do long-term. I'm looking forward to the finished project, so that I can finally enjoy the finished product and say goodbye to the thoroughly burdening renovation process.

No comments: