Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Renovating a house is a whole lot of work.

Work is a whole lot of work.

Christmas is so close, but this is the first time in a very long time that I haven't felt that Christmas cheer. Just now when driving back from work, a couple of radio stations were playing Christmas songs and I smiled, remembering how happy the season makes me, how I love the carols and the mall decorations, how I used to relish buying presents.

I'm just swamped with work. And a whole lot of things to think about.

This weekend will be better, I hope. Spending Christmas down south in Singapore with the family, splat in the middle of Orchard Road. With a grand wedding dinner in a 5-star hotel in Orchard. A plan to visit Tony Roma's and taste the famous pork ribs. The pilgrimage to Pek Kio market to eat the orgasmically-delicious prawn noodles. Long bus rides with nothing to do and not being able to do anything anyway.

By New Year's, everything WILL be a lot better. When we can quit handling contractors and really revel in the idea of our very own home. It's coming along so prettily, albeit some errors here and there - nothing we can't live with or without.

And now, back to work, while waiting to download some Christmas carols to get me in the year-end mood ...

No comments: