Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 18, 2008

KF's back from Kunming and we're 2 weeks away from our next Europe trip! Yippee! :)

Weekend was delightful. On Friday night had our annual SGP CNY gathering dinner at Shogun. Small turnout this year - BY, WC, SL, San, Nat, CM, JO, TW, tai lo, myself - and we spent the time talking about family planning :P

I spent Saturday morning clearing some work. Then had dinner with ex-classmates in SS2 Chow Yang - the crispy duck there is indeed yummy and dessert in Swensen's (though I had nothing cos I duwan to be coughing my lungs out in wintry weather).

Sunday bright and early we went for a Toyota Rush test drive. Urgh. The test drive turned me off the car. I floored the pedal and it couldn't go past 110kph. Pick-up was rather slow. The car's seriously underpowered. We did the test with 4 pax in the car - incl. driver. I cannot imagine what the car will feel like with 7 passengers. Going up Genting is not very likely with this car.

Then my dad's "kai zhai" and family came over for lunch. After that I went to my boss place for his open house. I was feeling extremely full by then. And by the time dinner arrived, KF was back.

I think the CNY festivities are winding down. This year was unlike the other CNYs - had no Shandy, nothing iced, no sweets, haven't even gambled! I guess everyone's back to work mode now - to work hard for the rest of the year. No more mid-month breaks.

No comments: