Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Polls 2008

In today's Star papers : DPM says oil price to remain after polls. I'm still skeptical. We shall see how long that promise lasts - about a week or so?

The NST's headlines of "Expansive and Expensive" is also very unpalatable. "Expansive" manifesto by BN and "expensive" manifesto by DAP. The editors of the mainstream papers have all been bought, haven't they?

I hate that the papers have been allocating almost 80% of news to the elections - like there's nothing else to report. I didn't know the world stops growing and celebrating and committing crimes and revealing scandals or heck, even earning a daily living, when we're having elections.

Elections is a dirty business. I much prefer if dirty business is done behind doors and not publicly advertised in all papers and media. But, I am reminded by a quote I have on Facebook : Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair - George Burns.

No comments: