Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 04, 2008

I give up. It's exhausting to follow the news these days. I'll just go about doing my own job and hope the economy doesn't crash-land too soon - but judging from how busy our government is trying to wash everyone's dirty linen, don't think they have much time left to actually run the country.

At times like this, it's good to just crawl into your own shell and pretend nothing's happening.

But no, wait, you can't do that. Because RM5 can no longer buy you a plate of chicken rice and a drink. Because servicing your car now costs more than your company's mileage claims pay for. Because high prices, inflation and the imminent recession ultimately affects you - not the government hotshots who still drive around in their limos back to their luxurious bungalows at the end of the day and take overseas vacations with allowances paid by us.

Today, I went to the mapping department in KL. When I entered one of the numerous division's offices, I saw 2 ladies and a man hanging around in the office, chatting happily away. The office is huge, with many empty tables and empty partitioned rooms. Ok, not empty, merely not occupied as the occupants are probably chatting on another floor. I wondered, "How come the mapping department pays for so many staff who have absolutely nothing to do? How come the private sector people have to slog every working day but these people can just come to office knowing they have a very lepak day ahead with nothing more urgent than chatting?"

Okay, it is at this point that I realized that I need to get started on that new year resolution I've postponed for a couple of years. This year, I shall get that professional qualification. After that, I shall work towards having people work for me. The future shall be what I want it to be, regardless of what nonsense goes on in the govt.

No comments: