Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 22, 2008

Panda's coming to town?!

When I read this headlines in The Star : "Panda for Zoo Negara", I was horrified.

One of my future plans (in the unforeseeable future, but planned, nonetheless), is to visit pandas in their natural habitat (not in the zoo) in China. I think they look like real adorable creatures - and this has nothing to do with Kungfu Panda ok.

So, I should be elated they're gonna be in the neighbourhood, right?

Not exactly. Having heard stories about how our National Zoo is run and in what state it's in (although I have no way of verifying the stories unless I go and see for myself, but no way am I paying to enter a zoo with animals-who-are-not-there), I quite believe that the Chinese pandas will not be very happy here.

Please please, I hope the pandas don't come to our zoo. And if somehow or other, some moron actually approves of the pandas coming here, I pray and hope the pandas are hardy and strong-willed ones who will be able to defy all the odds of animals who have ended up in that sorry place in Ukay.

No comments: