Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 21, 2009

On a Sunday morning

Got a part-time maid to make my life easier (http://yds.com.my/) RM160/- for 4 visits at 3 hours per visit. She cleans the porch, sweeps and mops, washes the toilets and irons the clothes. While she does all that, I wipe down the countertops, do the laundry and change the bedsheets. Every once in a while, I get her to wipe the fans, windows, grills, door frames, knobs and switches, dust the ceilings and cupboard tops, do some garden-weeding. It's amazing how much keeping a house requires. But I'm grateful I can pay for help.

I am reading "The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari". It is an awesome book. So easy to read. But every sentence hits you in the eye, makes you think, reflect, re-read, re-think. It's like "Eat, Love, Pray" by Elizabeth Gilbert of which I still need to go get my own copy of since I returned my rented copy. These 2 books are in my must-own and must-reread-all-the-time list. Some people attend motivational seminars to push themselves forward, and some get a jolt in that direction after something happens. For me, it's books like these that push me towards trying to be a better person.

No comments: