Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 15, 2006

Duets

At the moment, this is rotating endlessly on my playlist :

David Tao & Jolin Tsai - Marry me today
Leo Ku & Vivian Chow - Belated love

If only I could read Chinese.
I spent the entire past 2 hours searching for translation of the lyrics. And trying to memorize the romanized lyrics (Karazen is a godsent!) Both still unsuccessful - haha. But thoroughly enjoyed watching the videos on youtube (which is another one of those really helpfully cool sites).

Someone, anyone, tell me what does the MV for that Leo - Vivian song mean? I don't get it at all. They cry a lot. And Vivian Chow hasn't aged since I was a kid! Still as gorgeous as ever, even more so now after so many decades.

The David - Jolin collaboration is quite hilarious. I never knew DT looked like that! And the English rap in the song tickles me, it's so cheesy!

Still, fun entertainment for Friday night. I love Chinese duets :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lyrics for the David Tao duet with Jolin Tsai in pinyin and Chinese here :)

Peanutxz said...

lemme try doing the explanation with what i understand yah!! the name of the song, 'ngoi dak taai chi' means loving too late. the lyrics mean...this guy has been working really hard jst to save enough money and propose to the gf on christmas. bt then he din realize that his time spent on work all the while has made her feel dejected and as he was about to break the good news out to her, she asked for a breakup hence NGOI DAK TAAI CHI. (that's the 2nd part of the song and what the whole mv is about). the crying...the guy cries cos he regrets not proposing earlier and the gal cries cos...she's sick and tired of the relationship. niceeeee...

the first part of the song is about him coming home from work one day suddenly realizing his dad has aged a lot...cos he's always bz with work. blah blah blah...

so the moral of the story is, every second in live counts. don't take it for granted. fuh. scary sumtimes what these songs can mean.

i think it's sumthing like that la. cos my chinese is kinda limited too. :D

Amy W. said...

hei thanks px! i also basically have the gist of the song ... but i was wondering where i could find a word-by-word or line-by-line translation of the song ... hehe ... makes it better to appreciate it. anyhow, thanks! :)

Ku Scoop said...

Hello~
I somehow stumbled to this post... I've translated the non-duet version of the "Love too late" song...

I might translate the duet version later~~

http://ku-scoop.blogspot.com/2006/08/love-too-late_15.html