Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 04, 2006

48-hour holiday

I could barely get up this morning. Got the Monday blues. After a great weekend of shopping in Singapore. That little country is an amazing haven for shopping. I felt like buying everything off the rack, because everything looked so wearable! However, I only ended up buying a top from Tangs, a pair of pants from Bossini, a pair of Hush Puppies sandals and an Oral-B toothbrush. It's great that HSBC card offers a 20% discount for Hush Puppies shoes in Singapore, I got mine for slightly cheaper than I would have in KL - if KL had that design.

We ended our 2-year craving for the prawn mee at Pek Kio market. Pigged out on fishballs, yakitori and what-nots in the Tang's Marketplace, which also served the most authentic and freshest soya bean ever : Jollibean. Next to it was also a sugar cane drinks stall selling sugar cane with all kinds of additions i.e. plum or lemon. Singaporeans have this thing of sugar cane with lemon, not my cup of tea because it tastes and looks like dishwashing liquid. Thirst-quenching though, I must admit.

Also decided to take advantage of the 15% discount for HSBC credit card holders in Marche. But when we arrived at The Heeren, we saw that Marche had been taken over by Vila'ge (pronounced vee-lah-jhay). Same concept, same design, same everything. But the prices appeared to be more expensive than I remembered. And no more discount for HSBC :( Had soft-shell crabs, rosti with cheese sausage and roast chicken. All on my sister's account - haha! :)

After dinner, Su Yin brought us to this nice little Italian deli called Ricciotti. Had the most delicious desserts! Cute little sinful Italian cakes - yummy! Address : B1-49/50, The Riverwalk, 20 Upper Circular Road (Tel : 6533-9060). We got off at Raffles Place, took the Battery Road exit and took a 10-minute walk along the River to get there. We had the diplomatica, soffiato (definite must-have), tiramisu and I-don't-remember-what. The Ricciotti overlooked SY's favourite building in Singapore - the old police station with the colourful windows, which we couldn't make much of in the night.

Also had lunch in Scott's Picnic Food Court. The sizzling lamb chop was actually quite good, juicy and tender. Set me back by SGD7.50 (high, for food court prices) before I remembered my gum job didn't allow me to eat so much meaty stuff.

Plans to visit the Japanese and Chinese Gardens in Jurong and the Haw Par Villa were dashed as the Orchard buzz got to us - haha. My sister's apartment in Far East Plaza was such a truly convenient location that we just couldn't NOT shop.

It was a rather nice weekend, all-in. Great weather too. I think Singapore's a great place to get away from KL, because it's such a convenient city. For a holiday without forsaking city comforts, definitely go to Singapore ;)

2 comments:

carinasuyin said...

The `I-don't-remember-what' is a preziosa :) You could shave off the 10mins walk the next time by stopping at the Clarke Quay station and exiting at Eu Tong Sen St. instead :P

Nice meeting up with you guys, see you in PJ/KL next!

Amy W. said...

haha thanks su yin! ;)