Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Just checked the calendar and realized that my 2nd year logbook is due to be handed in next month. Argh - gotta get started. Or doomed to be stuck at this nowhere-else-to-go job for an eternity :(

Which therefore means an inevitable delay to the Europe travel stories. But I'll be back, definitely definitely - promise promise. In October though. Too much happening this month.

The new IKEA catalogue just arrived yesterday morning - yippee! Flipped thru and saw there were new kitchen cabinet designs. Also, there's a HomeDec Expo at KLCC Convention Centre on 21 - 24 September. And this time it features a paint colour showcase by Nippon. And seminars on interior design, feng shui and creative home decor on that Sunday afternoon. Just in time to steal ideas, collect prices, book and make orders for the new house :)

While driving to work just now, I was just thinking about the mini problems on my car and how they were irking me. Just recently changed the horn and the wipers, which cost me more than RM100. And then, now my alarm system decides to go bonkers - going off by itself, or whenever I open the doors, or lock them. Ish. Coupled with the constant grinding and knocking noises when I drive, I am really thinking of changing the car. Doesn't have to be an upgrade - because this Vitara cost almost RM100K about 9 years ago. Don't think I can afford something on that price scale right now. But I thought the Suzuki Swift or the Peugeot 206 (or something along those numbers) looks rather nice. Small and easy to zip around. Am done with big bulky 4WDs, for now at least - until I can afford a Freelander, muahaha!

Been reading a lot of Jodi Picoult books lately. I've started on my 8th book, out of 12 published ones. She's good, really good. I'm not bored of her - yet. She shows that you can't possibly see everything in black and white after knowing there are so many shades of gray. And that humans sometimes cannot control what they feel, that sometimes you can only just stand and watch.

No comments: