Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Lighting the rail way

Did you read the news today? They're finally expanding the LRT lines! After years of talking about it.

I thought it was a great idea to expand the Kelana Jaya line all the way to Subang. And to extend the Sri Petaling / Bkt Jalil line all the way to Puchong. And I was ecstatic that they're also extending the line to Kota Damansara, near my future home! :)

But I thought it a bit weird to connect the Kota Damansara line to Masjid Jamek - like, huh? So I have to take the train down to KL city and then trawl all the way back up the Kelana Jaya line if I wanna go to my parent's place in SS3 or visit friends in Subang? Bit stewpid. Might as well drive.

The newspaper article mentioned that the extended lines should be ready in 4 years i.e. 2010. Cool. We'll see if that becomes reality. I guess "barring all major catastrophes and economic recessions".

Deep down though, I'm happy. Property prices in PJ will increase once again, or at least maintain its high levels, due to the wider coverage of LRT services. PJ is a great place to live in. Although it basically takes you about 30 minutes to get anywhere within PJ or even get out of PJ, due to the traffic and traffic lights. But, I love this city, with all its jams, idiosyncracies, great shopping - grew up here, studied here, and hopefully, will build a good life here :)

No comments: