Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Mid-year review

Which is past due.

Still.

It's here - my to-do list for 2006.

My to-do list for 2006:
1. Finish my thesis by 28 February.
Done! Yippee - got my MSc certificate in the post last night too! A bit of an anti-climax actually, because the cert was literally just a piece of hard paper. Ah well.

2. Complete the 2nd year of my valuer's log book by 30 June (reminds me that I need to speak to my boss for more acquisition cases).
Hmm. I haven't done this. The deadline's by mid-September. I should get down to this.

3. Completed Task 1 for my valuer's license by 31 December.
Okay, as soon as no. 2 is completed, I should do this.

4. Renovated and decorated our new house.
In progress :) This is where all those reward points from credit cards and loyalty cards get put to good use. And this is also where I put my MSc-learnt research skills to good practice. And oh yes, this is also the time where I learn to layer on a few inches of skin and bargain down prices like nobody's business.

5. Travel to London for my graduation and visit Paris.
Yay - done this! :) But not Paris, that can be another time.

6. Make a trip to Redang Island.
Not exactly Redang, but Lang Tengah - which is supposed to be even better! It was bliss, and then some :)

7. Organize one family trip.
Okay, to be honest, I don't see this happening. I have absolutely no more leave left. But, it may happen. There's about 5 more months to the end of the year.

8. Do something for my own spiritual and emotional development (I realized that is lacking in my yearly things-to-do).
Yes, I found something - reading. More particularly, Jodi Picoult. She is good. Very thought-provoking, and after every book, you learn something. And yesterday night, I was sitting in bed, and realized that my emotional control is quite praise-able. It's much easier now to consciously tell myself to stop being angry or stressed and just simmer back down to a neutral emotion. But, I know what my initial goal was : to find someone to emulate, to be a better person. A tad bit too general, this goal.

9. Look out for better professional positions.
This is not gonna happen this year.

So, now I know what else I have left to do with the rest of the 5 months in the year. Always good to have set clear targets. 'Least I know I didn't just fly past the year in a blur.

No comments: