Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 07, 2006

My weekend

What I did this weekend :

... Went to see the periodontist (new word I learnt!). Go look up the dictionary if you dunno what it is. Anyway, I have a standing appointment every Saturday for the next 4 Saturdays to sit for an hour each session in her room. Will cost me a bomb, but I just have to spend that money.

... Had takeaway lunch from this Thai restaurant in Amcorp Mall's lower ground floor. Quite nice, not bad. Pineapple fried rice (KF said not bad), Thai braised spaghetti (I think it's ok too) and mango chicken (chicken had too much fried skin, but it was acceptable). 3 dishes, RM20 - ok mah :)

... Checked out prices of electrical items in Tong Kong electrical shop - a Panasonic dealer in SS3 near my house.

... Went for paintball!!!!! First time playing. Key words : adrenaline rush, shooting sounds, bruises (not on me), overalls, mosquitoes, Sg Buloh Mudtrekker, good workout. Too bad didn't take pictures. And as a souvenir, I have totally utterly sore thighs. Don't ask me why. Could be an accumulation from the lunging / cross-training exercises I've been overworking, or too much squatting when aiming my paintball gun. Now I can climb stairs slowly, but I can't come down the stairs, can't sit down without groaning, and can't go to toilet without holding on tight to some disabled person's handle. However, I'm running away from the topic. It was a good first time, because it was quite a good group of people - 13 of us I think. But, I think for the price we paid, it is an overrated game. Fun, because we get to shoot, but not so good because for that price I could have paid for a good saloon haircut.

... Dinner at Mum's Place at Damansara Perdana. Another overrated place. Food was okay. But expensive. Ambience was nice, but soured by some Lampeberger smell (I recognized it because it's the one my sister liked to burn in our room - urgh). Furniture was ornate, but not appreciated by the likes of me. Ah well, at least I can say I've been there.

... Watched "Click"! Good good GOOD movie. Definitely not overrated. Worth every single cent of the RM6 we paid (yah, cheapskates like me like to watch TGV's earlybird). Everyone should watch it, yes. You'll come out all fuzzy and feeling like loving everyone you see - haha, ok, I'm exaggerating. But was glad we decided to watch Click instead of Lakehouse. Someone told me later that Lakehouse was soooo slow it was a good thing we didn't watch it, hah.

... Lunch at Yippee Cup at 1 Utama. Nothing to shout about. But it was quite cheap - their traditional nasi lemak only RM4.90 - for something in a shopping complex.

... Checked out prices of electrical goods in Best Denki. Compared it with the prices from Tong Kong, and goodness, for a ceiling fan ah, the price can differ up to RM60! And Best Denki had the nerve to label it a "Great Deal!". Some shops just go all out to mislead people.

... My house is undergoing landscaping work. So now we have 5 mini palm trees (I think that's what they are) in the garden, and a lot of nice-looking Filipino grass (don't ask me how they differ from pearl grass and what-nots) plus lotsa cute white pebbles in all kinds of shapes. Nice :)

... Oops, I shouldn't have said "my" house earlier. I meant, my parents' house. My house, the one I co-own with KF (hehe) is something that has taken up most of my time during the weekend - furniture shopping, price-comparison shopping, etc.

And so, that was my weekend. I'm trying to see if I can squeeze in a weekend to travel down to Singapore, but first have to see what kinda workload my boss is planning for me (because sometimes that workload eats into my weekends). Ah well. It's nice to see that the days are flying by happily :)

No comments: