Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Miracle wipes

I've just wet-wiped my entire work space, it's now spick and span! Swiped the towelettes all around my monitor, workspace, shelves, files, then proceeded to methodically wipe every single nook and cranny on the telephone and the keyboard. Took one whole hour off my morning. First time in my life I'm cleaning a keyboard, honest to goodness. And boy, does it feel nice to type on it now! :P My black Dell keyboard is now ... as black as ever! :)

For something I put my fingers on everyday, it's a wonder I didn't think of cleaning it earlier. Will do so more regularly from now on.

I've heard somewhere that you can actually pull out the keys and insert them back, so you can clear the tray holding the keys. Well, I didn't dare to do that, just in case I forget how to put my qwerty keyboard back together. Just whipped my keyboard upside down, and out fell some clumps of dust and maybe bits of chips - haha. Should try doing the same to yours, you might be surprised (or rather, disgusted) by what falls out.

My telephone now smells like how some people smell after exiting a restaurant. But, the smell smells good on my phone, rather than on people. Can talk on the phone now without worrying about creepy-crawlies surprising me out of the mouthpiece.

My greatest sense of achievement so far this morning is to see those wet wipes with black streaks of trapped dust. Wet wipes are a great, great invention!

No comments: