Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 14, 2006

My very wonderful weekend

Finally, finally, I have all the photos of the trip in hand! So, from today onwards, whenever I have the free time, if I have the inclination to, there shall be stories to tell :)

My first real trip to the periodontist - and I'm proud I survived! Lesson 1 learnt : You either need to learn to floss, or else get yourself an Oral-B Hummingbird. Lesson 2 learnt : Drag, cajole, persuade, threaten and do whatever else you need to do to get your children to the dentist's chair twice a year - they'll thank you for it. Me, I still have to survive another 2 more trips on my cool periodontist's chair. (She's good, she really is, I totally totally recommend her to anyone who has bleeding gums).

Watched "The Break-Up" yesterday. Vince Vaughn is not likeable at all, and Jennifer Aniston is very forgettable (although there's this scene where she struts around naked - nothing much can be seen - but it left me wondering if she used a body double). That just about sums up the story with no ending. Don't watch it unless you really have nothing else left to watch. Then, watch it only to relive upon the petty arguments that you used to have with an ex, or are still having with your supposedly less-than-better half.

Also re-watched "Da Vinci Code", but this time at the annual Starlight Cinema, which was held in Sentul Park this year. The second time around, the movie is much better and easier to digest, although I've read the book a zillion times. But hmm, the movie was good. But still I stand by what I said in my earlier review.

About Starlight Cinema, well, having it in Kiara (which they did for the past 3 or 4 years) is a far better option than in Sentul. Because :
1. Kiara had a much better general environment, although there's the occasional whiff of horse-shit. But Kiara had no big concrete building behind its screen (of which Sentul's had the KLPac).
2. Kiara's very near the general population area, compared to Sentul. Okay, maybe I should rephrase. Kiara, is very near the targeted market of young urbanites who would picnic under the stars to watch a movie. Sentul has a very different demographic.
3. Kiara's site is bigger. Even then, Sentul's site did not fill up, not like Kiara's.
4. Kiara just attracts more people to go.
5. Sentul is just too troublesome to reach.

Oooh, and one more other thing I did this weekend, went for a traditional massage at this place called D'Manja in Damansara Perdana. Promotional price was only RM30 for 45 minutes. The place had lotsa atmospheric curtains fluttering, and little pebbles leading up the steps to the door. Nice first impression. The lady boss Adeline was chirpy and friendly. She led us to this room with timber sliding doors and Japanese-style beds on the floor. Quite similar to what they had in Thailand. A little lamp was in the corner. The therapists were friendly, although a bit too chatty with each other, causing them to sometimes stop mid-way to finish their sentences. Overall though, I preferred the ones in Thailand. This place seemed a little too impersonal.

Best thing about the weekend though was that we spent time together! :)

Okay, very oh-so-reluctantly, I have to begin my work Monday now. Ta!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Use listerine .. I have at least 2 litres in my cupboard at any one time!! why are u getting bleeding gums already? periodontist? u need a dentist friend *hehe* or private health cover. Dr Mark in SS2 use to charge 30ringgit.

been so so busy.. reporting reporting...life with someone else in ure life takes up quite a bit of time ... ehehehe.. thus, have dwnloaded the pics but not uploaded yet!! the comp came back to life BUT really so busy, no time to go online leh..not on MSN also.. aiyarrrr.. hehe BUT It's over now! woohoo (the reporting I mean)

Unknown said...

can you pls give me your periodontist contact details as I need to see one.

Amy W. said...

hi mei yuet, my periodontist has moved from her shoplot in Amcorp Mall, to one of the serviced suites upstairs. her name is Dr Koo. sorry i dun have her number, but her address is as below:

Koo Periodontal Dental Clinic
Suite 7.02, Level 7, Menara Amcorp, Petaling Jaya.

Anonymous said...

Hi, how's your gum treatment? is there many patient in her clinic and difficult to make appointment?

Amy W. said...

Hi Anonymous, it's not difficult to make an appointment, but yes you would definitely need to make an appointment, walk-ins are not encouraged as gum treatments usually take a long time (30 mins to an hour). Dr Koo is very popular and has many patients, but most come on appointment basis, so her waiting room is never full of people. You can try to give her a call to schedule your appointment.

Unknown said...

Hi Amy W.

Do you need to have get referred by your general dentist to see periondontist Dr. Koo? I think the periondontist and your general dentist have to work together to make sure your gum and your teeth are in control.

Thanks

iAMCHARLENE said...

Hi Amy,

I also just having my 1st treatment with Dr Koo.
Just wonder, do Doctor Koo have your gum pocket depth checking/measurement or X-ray scanning prior or after all the treatment? because I do not have those checking prior start my treatment.

I do some research from the internet, both items should be checked in order to monitor the gum healing process.
Looking forward your reply.

Thanks.