Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Maybe I'll blog more this week

It's weird having a whole weekend solely to myself. Not that it does belong only to me (the weekend I mean), I share it with stacks of reports waiting to be drafted. (I got one report opened in front of me but aih, you know, when I face the screen at home, I tend to prefer blog-surfing and blogging and surfing to travel sites and daydreaming of places I'd like to be in, compared to hunching over a report).

Just cleaned house and cleared that patch of land supposedly called a garden. Amazing how a house collects dust even when you don't live in it much. I didn't know that the kitchen counter and the stove and the top of the fridge and the TV cabinet could gather that much dust - in a month! Also, the washing machine is an amazing invention - makes life so easy. Tonight, I'm meeting some eBay seller who is selling the Robomop at about 30% off the market rate (not that I've seen the Robomop being actually sold in retail shops yet here). Hopefully, this Robomop becomes another "amazing invention" that I'll love and treasure like the ever-dependable washing machine.

And about that "garden". I intended to get quotes to plant proper grass in the garden. So far, one quote says RM500 - I balked. For that small 8' x 10' plot of land??! But apparently, it takes lotsa effort to dig out the top layer of lallang roots, then put a fresh fertile layer of soil, before planting the grass. Even the grass itself, I dunno what to choose. The no-need-to-be-trimmed kind sounds wonderful, but it doesn't look as nice as the golf grass and apparently has lotsa worms. The golf grass needs to be constantly trimmed and watered and stepped on. Yah, believe it. Apparently the golf grass becomes yellow and dies if no one steps on it. Like, huh? What happened to "dilarang memijak rumput"?

Was reading Men's Health mag (the Singapore one) while waiting for the mopped floor to dry. That magazine has cool savvy articles. So many tips on how to manage anger, how to get that toned body, what nutritions to munch on, how to cinch that girl in 10 minutes, haha. Much more interesting to read than Cleo or Female or other such nonsense. Or maybe, Cleo is also interesting for guys? Maybe the genders should switch mags.

The other half left yesterday to the exotic paradise of Turkey and Greece, which includes the much-famed Santorini Island. Another 11 days before he returns. By then, the bedsheets should be changed, the clothes ironed, the bathrooms cleaned, and the house smelling all clean and nice - it's amazing how little time a guy can find to keep house.

Meanwhile though, I'm throwing myself into work. The office is short of staff and suddenly overloaded with work, which explains my lack of inspiration to blog (excuses, excuses, tsk tsk).

I'm checking out True Fitness in Jaya33 later in the evening. Heard there's going to be a pool there, with a yoga studio and a spa area. I'm enticed. I am. I miss Bodycombat and Step. And it's way boring using the eliptical and running around by myself at home. Although I'm one of those klutzes who throws the group's harmony of actions out of sync, I still liked those classes. I liked that my cheeks become pink although I sweat like a pig and look disgusting with matted hair after a workout. And I sort of like the aches I suffer the next day (I grumble and groan but I press the aching place harder like how you'd do an ingrown nail, haha). But actually, most of all, I'm looking forward to a pool nearby. Hopefully it'll be maintained properly. I'll check out the gym and write a review on it later, with its package rates and all if I can.

Now, back to drafting reports. Let's see how long my attention span lasts.

No comments: