Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 17, 2007

True Fitness

The place in Jaya33 is still under construction. So you have to trudge through some mud (dry or wet depending on the weather) in order to reach the gleaming purple reception area. We were met by the general manager. My sis asked to use the bathroom first, but apparently the bathroom's still not ready! So we had to trudge back across the road to McD's and decided to tell the GM to come across to meet us instead.

So, no, we didn't get to tour the facilities. Probably will do that before we sign up, if we sign up.

The fees are exorbitant. Apparently, the fees are about RM159/- or RM199/- per month. Like hello! And they charge 5% service tax on top of that - madness. And RM500/- joining fee, and RM125/- processing fee. Complete nonsense. I was about to tell the GM not to waste his time.

But then, after numerous different packages, he finally gave one that seemed agreeable. The best package offered was apparently the Couples or Family Package. It works out to about RM92.60 per person per month, if I join with my sister. That's for a 3-year membership (with an additional 1-month free), but payable within a year in monthly installments of RM278/-. For everyone else in our family who joins thereafter, their membership fees will be RM67.10 monthly for 3 years, also payable in a year.

They'll have a pool, and they're open every day of the year from 6am - 12 midnight. Parking is RM1.50 per entry. They'll also have a True Spa, of which steam bath, sauna, jacuzzi is free for all members but massage, facials, etc are payable.

My skeptic thoughts:
- What if I change jobs and no longer work nearby? 3 years is a VERY long time.
- How clean will the pool be?
- What kind of money-back guarantee do I get? In terms of satisfaction of facilities offered.

But, in 3 years, I can actually:
- Strive to be one of those instructor's "pets", the kind of person who memorizes every single step and does every action as well as, or even better than, the instructor
- Swim more often than I've ever done
- Finally stretch and lengthen those muscles to look leaner and taller by attending numerous yoga and Pilates classes (their in-house trainers are all from India)

I think I need to go dream in my bed instead :P Lofty idealism of achieving that great body, that healthy glow - haiyor, so superficial! But then, I'd rather like to wear a strapless dress and not look like the dress is wrapping me instead. And I'd like to get control of my hip size before other factors make it out of my control. And most of all, I miss feeling healthy and fit.

I haven't signed up yet. Sleep on it first.

No comments: