Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 06, 2007

Cameron Highlands July 21-22

Cameron Highlands has that truly English feel about it. First time up there, and I love it! We stayed at the Equatorial, which is actually a bit run-down and has this untasteful indoor coldwater swimming pool (a definite oxymoron). Breakfast, however, was a pretty good spread - maybe because I'm just amazed at having fresh strawberries and home-made strawberry jam. Loved the Boh tea plantation - so treacherous driving on the windy roads into the estate, but that was part of the fun. The tea house has this YTL-feel about it, lots of metal and wood ID. We did the mandatory "auntie" thing at the market, and lugged home vegetables and flowers - the car was absolutely filled! Next time I go up, I'll eat more fried mushrooms, pick some strawberries, spend more time wasting time at the beautiful plantation, have steamboat, roam the whole pasar malam, and buy the entire market home! Maybe if I have a lotta cash, I'll try out the Spa Village at the charge-in-USD YTL resort up there too eh? :)

The treasure hunt (the reason why we went up in the first place) was great too! Our team "nasi-lemak-on-the-go" (namesake because of Joon's helper Yati who packed lunch for us to eat while hunting) got 3rd prize! What with Sherman's driving, Lingesh's endless calls to his brainy mum, and Joon and my observant eyes, I'd say we did pretty well for first-timers :)

Cameron Highlands has officially become my favourite highlands getaway.

No comments: