Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 08, 2009

The Idol rant (again)

By now, everyone should have seen the results show ... although I'm only watching it tonight, but due to frequent news-surfing for my day job, inadvertently I come across the results as soon as it's announced in LA - ah, the days of "live" news.


I am so sad she's gone, so so sad. I liked her performance best, among all 4. I couldn't even say the same for Kris - who looked really depressed during the whole show, goodness knows why. Obviously Rock Week's not his week. And I thought it was unfair that he had to duet with Danny and then immediately after have to sing his solo - and adding salt to that was Cowell's horrible-ness in saying that "Danny performed better than Kris" right before Kris had to take to the stage alone. Can't blame him for his moodiness, which looked like it bordered on slight anger.

Allison was amazing. She's got lungs the size of China! And her duet with Adam was AWESOME! Plus, she was really coming into her own, I liked her mannerisms on stage, her hand movements (not like Hokey Gokey), her appearing so natural on stage - she belongs there. Just too bad those texting Americans didn't pull through for her, grrrr.

Danny's last note was bad, horrible, cringe-y, and in Cowell's words "like watching a horror movie". I hated his performance. He should go next. He should have gone before Allison. I don't know how come Hokey Gokey's invisible fan base is so strong.

And as for the Rock God Adam, let's just say I hate Metallica-kind of rock. So I really didn't like his performance, though I guess it's as flawless a rock performance as you can get from any seasoned rock singer. Obviously he belongs in this genre, but I wouldn't rush out to buy his album if it consists of such songs, but then again, that's just me. I hate his screaming, by the way - his signature yelling / screaming / whatever you call that tongue-showing is grating slightly on the nerves.

Or maybe I'm just having a bad morning. Thank goodness it's Friday. Tonight I can go home and watch the results show and catch up on DH and GG that I haven't had the time for. And do the laundry. And clean the house. And water the plants. And do all kinds of things that in my grumpy mood right now I really am not looking forward to do. So yes, I feel like complaining like a brat. But, I just take a deep breath, and close my eyes real hard, and wish REALLY hard that the laundry gets itself washed, dried and folded all by itself ... yes yes yes ... please please please ...

3 comments:

Natallie said...

easy only wert.. just do what we did when we were in uni! in a blink of an eye, everything will be washed, ironed and folded :P u'll just need to put them back into the closet! hehe

cheer up woman! it's friday!

Peanutxz said...

i guess he looked depressed cos he's beginning to feel the mounting pressure of competing against adam and gokey dokey specky danny. he's a kid after all what do you expect. LOL. i reckon allison's gonna be like daughtry. the voters are just blinded at times. look at how hot daughtry was at the show!! phwoar!!

anyway, i do agree with the screaming part of adam but...he has his mellow and soulful side as well so...I'M STILL ROOTING FOR HIM!! let's see who celebrates 2 weeks down the road. WAHAHAH!

jacylnng said...

I understand your ranting about hokey gokey - me not in his invisible fan base. I watched the very next day - aiseh he should have gone home instead of Allison.
But Kris was on the border line as well - i tot with his performance he could well be going home the next day.
I am still rooting for Adam though and I hope Kris can land a killer blow in the 2nd last show...gokey does not deserve to be AI.