Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Hunt down the murderer!

Anyone read the Star on Friday morning? If you didn't, here's an article and a picture that goes well with your Sunday morning breakfast - not! :P

I read the Star diligently every morning over breakfast. And I immediately lost my appetite after seeing the picture. An elephant cruelly left to die without her trunk. What happened to compassion, respect for others, kindness? And for that horribly cruel act, the murderer may only be fined RM3,000?? The judiciary ought to re-evaluate the punishments meted out, noting that the laws were made decades ago when RM3,000 was substantial then, but not now.

I've got no particular liking for animals and don't fancy getting my hands dirty to play with or wash them. But I'm soft-hearted and can't bear to see cruelty to animals, because most animals rely on human compassion to survive. Humans, being one of the beings with a supposedly rational brain, should never abuse that power to overcome helpless animals. And the thought that the elephant trunk is going to be sold off to decorate someone's living room, or to be boiled into soup ... I hope the horrible person gets caught and put into prison, although it isn't nice to think such things on a beautiful Sunday morning.

No comments: