Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Movies to look out for

I've just noticed that Ella Enchanted and Jersey Girl is only going to be showing in December in GSC. Saw both those movies on the way to London (or was it on the way back from?) ... and Jersey Girl is a very sweet movie. Stars Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler and a cute little girl. Synopsis : Ben Affleck is Ollie Trinke, a man who has to give up a successful high-flying career to take care of his little girl when his wife (incidentally, it's Jennifer Lopez) dies at childbirth. Liv Tyler is the girl he meets later. A very good DVD movie - not really one you watch in the cinemas unless you're out on a date.

Ella Enchanted is a weird kind of movie, not something I liked at all. Maybe the cabin air was getting me really drowsy and irritable, but the movie did not interest me much. It stars Anne Hathaway as the title character (she's the princess in Princess Diaries). Something about Ella being subject to a curse of obedience - having to obey anyone who gives her a direct command, no matter how silly it is. The movie's about her quest to throw off that curse, with many cartoonish characters and fairytale-like scenes along the way. I guess it's a good movie for little kids who'd like the colours and the not-so-funny comical acts :P

Now, the DVD I just recently watched - Love Actually. Beautiful beautiful movie about the different definitions of love - sweet, happy, sad, forgiving, sacrificing, indecisive, bittersweet, the works! Stars a whole host of people including Hugh Grant, Kiera Knightley, Emma Thompson, Liam Neeson, Colin Firth and even Rowan Atkinson! It's a Christmassy movie and makes you feel all nice and tingly after that. Great happy-ending kind of movie :)

And if you check out the next change of GSC movies, there are a few I'm quite excited about :

Phantom of the Opera
Ooh la la! After watching the real thing, I also get to watch this on the silver screen! Happiness is me! :) Must watch, must watch, must watch! Definitely! This is :)

Bridget Jones - The Edge of Reason
I didn't catch the first installment, but I think I'll catch this one - on DVD, that is. Doesn't seem like a cinema kind of show, considering what premium rates KL movies cost. But, Renee Zellweger's always a joy to watch, and this time with 2 men fighting over her :)

Ocean's 12
I think star quality is a huge factor in blockbuster movies. And I guess this is one of them. Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Julia Roberts, Matt Damon and Andy Garcia. The sequel to Ocean 11, of which I didn't watch too. I'm starting to realise I missed out on plenty of movies - time I rebonded with my DVD player :P

Vanity Fair
Just because it stars Reese Witherspoon. The trailer shows she doesn't look as pretty in traditional English costumes and super Maggi-mee curls as she did in Legally Blonde. Set in the early 19th century (and I love all movies that reflect that period), it appears to be something I'd thoroughly delight in, but of which most guys would fall asleep watching. A trifle like Shakespeare in Love, of which I believe very few guys watched :P

I shall be back with more reviews, hopefully after the Raya break when I've spent the beautifully long break devouring all the DVDs I can get my hands on :)

No comments: