Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Morons at work

This is going to be an exhibit of my usually well-kept temper.

My tolerance level is amazing, because I'm a pushover. But when someone starts concocting rubbish stories and lame excuses when there's a deadline to be met, there is only that much postponement I can take.

This guy, from Berjaya Vacation Club no less, had informed me that my hotel voucher for the London stay would be ready last week, in time for me to collect before I fly to Italy this Saturday. Great. So I called him last Thursday (and everyday since then) to ask if I could please get a fax copy of the voucher first.

"I'm sorry I'm in the hospital now with my wife. I can't talk now. I'll be back in the office tomorrow morning and I'll fax it to you."

"I'm not going in to office this morning, but I'll be in in the afternoon. I'll get it done for you then."

"Sorry my wife is very sick. I can't leave her. I'll be back tonight to get things done for you."

"The clerk who issues the vouchers is not around. I'll wait for her to come in, if not it'll be ready tomorrow. Yes, I promise I'll fax to you."

"Don't worry, Ms. Wong. I'll get the voucher ready. I've contacted my colleague, he'll arrange things for me so I can come in to the office and immediately issue you the voucher tomorrow."

"Yes you can meet me at 2pm tomorrow afternoon in the office. I promise."

"No, I can't talk now. I'm in a meeting. I'll call you back."

"I'm still in a meeting. That's why I didn't pick up your calls. I will do it right now."

"Can you please be patient? The clerk is in a discussion and if she's not back today, I'll issue it tomorrow. Don't worry, I will fax it to you by 10.30am tomorrow and you can collect it at 2pm."

Great, just great. Those are snippets of his excuses given to me ever since Thursday, when I've called him every single hour of the day just to hear the same excuses over and over.

I lost my temper today, and I remembered the reason why I try very hard never to lose my temper. It causes this throbbing in my chest and a perpetual frown on my face. My brain cannot concentrate and there's this weird adrenaline rush in me that doesn't feel like the same rush you get when you eat chocolates. My voice changes into this high, shriek-y tone that even I don't like to hear. And if I reach a point where I scream swear words and insults instoppably, I will start tearing in my eyes.

Luckily, it has been very long, maybe about 10 years, since I've reached that stage. Today however, I almost did. But I stopped myself in time, only because I reminded myself that swearing and insulting someone gets nothing done. It merely lessens my good karma. So no way am I going to let that eejit moron benefit from my anger. Anyway, swearing at someone somehow pricks needles into my invisible soul. I'm serious. Not trying to be a goody-two-shoes. I hate conflicts, I hate arguments, I hate quarrels, and I'm a pushover because I avoid all disagreements. No point hurting myself over some eejit morons.

And if tomorrow at 10.30am that fax voucher is not in ... oh boy is there gonna be drama! It's not an empty threat, because I banked in money much earlier to this eejit moron, and I WILL GET WHAT I NEED, even if it means going to corner him at UMCC where his wife is warded and where he appears to be spending most of his time.

No eejit moron is going to ruin my perfectly-planned holiday.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Oooh. This is the DARK side of MS. Wong. This is most shocking, yet interesting. But also dramatic, never met anyone who can feel so guilty over thrashing someone else (who deserved it of course). You really are very nice.