Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Random thoughts

It keeps on popping up everywhere!

AirAsia has a promotion - flights to Bangkok from RM9.99!! Boy would I have lurvvvveeed to just book the tickets and fly off for a week of luxurious massages, fantastic food and cheap shopping.

Friends from everywhere just returning from a sojourn to Bangkok claiming they already miss that city of angels.

If there were anywhere in the world I'd go for a holiday right now, it would definitely be Bangkok. Because I've done all the touring I need to do there, and all I have to do the next time I'm there is just to shop, eat and luxuriate - definitely THE way to holiday.

I know, I just got back from one.

Didn't feel much like one though. Because I just realized that travelling takes work. And you usually work your feet more on holiday than at work. (My poor poor feet, I suffered cramps almost every night in Italy.) Also, when you just feel that you need to do the Collosseum, the Vatican City, the Pantheon, the Westminster Abbey, the London Eye, etc etc, it doesn't so much feel like a holiday anymore when there's a set itinerary to the day.

A holiday should mean that every day of the holiday feels like a Saturday, right?

Well, that's what a real holiday should mean. But seeing that we spent half our life savings for the trip, it'd have felt like a real waste just curling up in the bedsheets. So we dragged ourselves out to walk and walk and walk.

Not that the trip wasn't good. It was. Really. But I'm just sucked up in a lot of work at work right now, so you'll have to forgive the rather unpositive mood.

I'll post on the trip soon, promise I will. After I've downloaded the photos. After I've unpacked my luggage. All which will be done only after I'm done with deadlines at work.

Work, work.

When I was driving home from work, there was this topic going on on Radio 4. Something about, "What would you do if you had a million pounds i.e. RM7 million?"

Ooooh! I had this exact thought before I left for London that I'd buy a British lottery, just for the heck of that slim chance of hitting the million pounds jackpot. Haha.

Anyway, that question got me thinking.

Would I quit my job? Probably, because I find no satisfaction whatsoever in what I do.

And then? Stash half for investments. Give about RM100K to 2 medical research charities like AIDS or cancer. Pay off the mortgage. Beautifully renovate and furnish the house. Have a dream wedding. Go on an even dreamier honeymoon in Eastern Europe. Bring the family on holiday to Bangkok.

Anything else? Then ah, get on with life la! Probably work again, but this time do what I want to do lor. But that's another topic for another time ;)

See, I've thought it over. So, whoever's up there, you know I'm ready to win the lottery! :)

No comments: