Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 28, 2006

New things

There's just something about the word s.a.l.e. that gets to you.

Especially since you have a long l-o-n-g shopping list of furniture, lightings, fabrics and what-nots along with the usual clothes, shoes, bags, cosmetics, knick-knacks.

Shopping is fun. 'S long as it doesn't involve your own hard-earned money. But what kind of shopping doesn't?

And the credit card is evil. Definitely so. It doesn't feel like I spent anything at all. But I know that next month, I'll definitely FEEL what I've spent.

But, I can't just cut off those cards. I mean, spending on credit cards means I get points, which I can accummulate and redeem for future household things I need.

See, the whole world conspires to make everyone shop. The London summer sale was on at the same time as Hong Kong's and Singapore's big sales. And now, Malaysia's having its own newly-annual-rather-than-triannual mega sale.

And, to add to that, Air Asia has those frequent cheap flights constantly advertised, so much so that you have to totally hold yourself down in order not to purchase flights to nowhere just because it's cheap.

And then, because I don't have enough to shop with, I start griping that I earn a measly income for someone who's an M holder. I mean, it's real easy to blow off my entire month's salary just walking around 1 Utama, you know! But of course, I'm not that irresponsible. Not like I have mouths to feed - merely have a mortgage to maintain and a wedding to plan for, definitely one of those biggest expenses of your life.

But, the point is, ... hmm, I have no point at all. Merely blowing off some steam before I begin my shopping spree this weekend, if my immense willpower succumbs to a spree :)

2 comments:

Jay said...

just stay at home, ask for some restraining order from the King of England

Amy W. said...

haha - so cryptic! :)
my King of England's the one who's itching to go out ;)
and we did - successfully without spending money, haha ;)