Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Feeding spree

After 2 whole weeks going without rice (seriously) and watching every single thing I put in my mouth, finally, I let myself go :)

The day after the ROM, the 2 of us decided on a whim to go to Shogun, 1 Utama. The food quality seems to have dropped. The variety is still there. But - one fine day (not within this month) I shall find the courage to step into Jogoya Starhill.

We started off the long Raya weekend with food-tasting at Oriental Pavilion. Yummy-ness! Of course, the place is posh and the price, even more so, but seriously, this is the kind of Chinese cuisine food you'd pay for if you could afford it. (What am I talking about? *roll eyes*)

Then, the next day, we went to Tony Roma's at Cineleisure. My first visit to a local Tony Roma's. Because they didn't have pork ribs, I had to settle for cod fish. The mashed potato tasted real good - yummy with skin. The ice lemon tea was bottomless. The price was similar to Chillie's or TGIF. However, a peek at KF's beef ribs showed that the servings are nothing close to that in Singapore. Disappointing, to say the least. And gee, the onion loaf was a real disappointment - the size of a full loaf was really less than the half loaf I got in Singapore. Hmm.

And today, for work purpose, we went to Precious Old China in Central Market. This was really yummy Nyonya (or Thai) food! Their menu is served in one-size portions (suitable for 3-5 pax) with one price, so our table of 10 ordered 9 dishes (total bill came up to RM300 inclusive of drinks). Their tomyam looked tame but tasted fiery. In fact, all the dishes tasted reasonable, if not better than average. I wouldn't mind going there again, just for fun.

And now, I really must start going on that diet ... so tough, but it's only for a month more.

Oh no! Only a month away!

No comments: