Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Feeding spree 2

The House of Sundanese, KLCC
Monday lunch - Apparently, they serve Indonesian food (I never figured out what is the root word for Sundanese). Had lunch here on Monday. Quite yummy. Unfortunately, I had to break my no-rice diet. But, in order to sin less, I didn't finish the rice - but some people would say that's sinful. The fish was quite yummy. Aih, food always tastes yummy when the hole it burns is not in your pocket.

The Gardens, Mid Valley
Monday dinner - Attended the launching of The Gardens Office Towers. Grand event. Cocktail at Boulevard Hotel poolside. Adjourned to some function room for presentation and 5-course western set dinner. Angelhair pasta with chicken slices (I think it's chicken), prawn bisque soup (basically cream of prawn), grilled cod fish (this was rather yummy, generous portion too), huge slice of tiramisu, coffee or tea. Free flow of red wine and cordial. Every single property launching should be this fun to go to. But, only after the wedding, of course. I didn't finish half the tiramisu nor the soup, conscience kept bugging me.

Chynna, KL Hilton
Tuesday dinner - Oooh, this place has ambience and chic! Very nice plates. Dim lighting. Cool welcome-tea-pouring man who does this kungfu act thing. Amazing that this place has a full crowd on a weekday night. Food was so-so, but maybe it was because I had to watch what I was eating. Dessert, which was almond tea something with ginkgo, was quite nice - great mixture of tastes. This place is great fine dining.

Tony Roma's, Pavilion KL
Wednesday lunch - Of so many other restaurants in the Gourmet Emporium, they picked this. Thankfully, we were sharing food Italiannies-style, so I didn't have to worry myself about which dish had the smallest serving. The salad is yummy, their BBQ chicken was quite tender, the onion salad is over-rated, the bowtie pasta with shrimps was excellent! They were decorating for Halloween tonight, so lotsa cotton cobwebs were all over. Between Tony Roma's, Chillies, TGIF, Italiannies - gimme Chillies anytime.

J Co Donuts, Pavilion KL
At 11.55am in the morning on a workday, there is actually a queue! We had to see what the big fuss was about. And, honestly, I don't see what the fuss is about! The doughnuts look nice, are expensive and all, but hey, they're just dough-nuts. And aiyoh, doughnuts on a diet?

This diet thing will only last another 2 weeks plus. Bear with me please.

1 comment:

Jay said...

root word for Sundanese = Sunda.