Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 30, 2008

The war of the pharmacies

If you, like me, are one of those who went to both Watson's and Guardian just to grab a copy of their latest Christmas sale brochure, then good ... because you, like me, must be one of the many :)

The big question : Do you buy all you need from Guardian in order to collect those Paddington stickers? Or do you buy from Watson's because they offer 5x more reward points if you pay with a HSBC credit card (which means if you spend RM200 you get to redeem for an RM50 dining voucher in Italiannies!)?

I haven't got an answer to that yet.

And oh, last night we went to Wendy's in Giant Kota D. Yes, the newly-opened Giant of which there was a MAJOR crawl into its car park - which supposedly has 1,000 free parking bays but looked incredibly full. The new Giant has Kenny Rogers, BBQ Chicken (yay!), Wendy's (I mentioned it already), NachosNachos (a quick scan of their menu showed they serve, surprise, nachos), KFC, Killiney's kopitiam, a post office, J Co donuts (I still prefer Big Apple), and a few others. We didn't even step into Giant, as in the store.

But oh yah, as I was saying, Wendy's. First time yesterday since they opened in Klang Valley. I wanted to try their Spicy Chicken burger but they were sold out (I really cannot imagine McD's selling out of anything). So oh well, against my better judgement, I settled for a shrimp burger. Not fantastic. But KF's quarter-pounder looked okay, they really don't cut corners, the beef is a square piece that doesn't match the round burger bun. Wendy's wraps her (their) buns in some foil-like paper which probably adds to the price, and I don't see why they do that because it's not like their burgers are piping hot. And they make us wait quite long at the counter for our burgers, purportedly because they make it fresh. Their fries are so-so, fatter than McD's, but definitely doesn't beat it. However, the deco of the place was quite nice - they had heavy wooden chairs over carpets (though I can't imagine what happens when you spill Coke on it). I don't think I would go to Wendy's again by choice.

So okay, I've wasted enough time this morning. Got mundane chores to get on with :P But, I should be back ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm on the Guardian spree, was not even aware of a Watson's get 5X HSBC points! no hsbc la. ke ke. I got almost 20 stickers for da paddington bear since some ppl help contribute to the stickers, they are almost IMPOSSIBLE to collect.. like howmuch toiletries/drugs/drugstore make-up do u ever neeed?!