Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thoughts in BKK

Hotels

  • Dusit Thani's got a very nice lobby. But I think the service levels need a serious upgrade.
  • Breakfast was good though - crispy bacon, cured pork meat, yumms!
  • Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit has awesome awesome service! I think the bellboys here attend professional memory power training - or how could they possibly remember so many ppl by name?
  • Sheraton's breakfast was pretty good too - standard fare but good selection.
  • I didn't strike the lottery - big MNCs paid for the hotels, I merely slept on bathroom floors :D

Food

  • Taling Pling in Central World has awesome tom yam kung! I want somemore!
  • The Cream & Fudge Factory in Central World is expensive but tastes good.
  • Tony Roma's in Siam Paragon has far better pork ribs than in Singapore - oh so soft and tender. What do they feed the pigs here?

Shopping

  • Lingerie and underwear shopping heaven! Spent > RM600 on branded items in Zen Central World. There's stuff here you can't find in KL and if you can find them in KL, it'll be more expensive anyway. We get a 5% discount as tourist and 7% deductible in taxes at the airport. How cool is that?
  • Then I found out that Siam Paragon has an even more extensive library of lingerie. Gosh. Should I?
  • Platinum Mall is another cheap shopping heaven! A working shirt for RM17? I bought 4 pieces and it's grand total costs the same as ONE shirt in G2000 at a discount, geez. Suddenly feel that I've been exploited all my life.
  • Apparently Naraya in Central World is a phenomenon I have never heard of - but got sucked into inevitably. Throngs of women in there like it's a Coach warehouse outlet in US. Loads of quilted and cloth bags in all kinds of sizes and shapes imagineable. It's like a "Lovely Lace" for bags. And it's thronging cos it's cheap. How come I never heard of this place before?

Ok, have to get back to work on the laptop ... another 3 more days in food, shopping and massage heaven ... I lurrvveee BKK! :D

1 comment:

Natallie said...

omg...first day n u've covered soooo many shopping places? Unbelievable!!!! Tho cheap, but at d rate u're going, u'll DEFINATELY be broke by friday!!!! Hahaha. . Enjoy woman!!

Oh btw, i think this has been ur longest 'happy' post in a long lonnngggg time! :p