Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 24, 2009

The year that was

2009 was unexpected in a number of ways, mostly because a lot of things were unplanned.
  • Jan : Burnt dinner for the first time in my life. Learnt to cook easy-peasy after-work dinners (when I have the mood). Got myself a part-time maid who really made my whole year's weekends a lot easier.
  • Feb : Legend Water Chalets Port Dickson (Valentine's day cum his birthday getaway).
  • Mar : The US of A! My highlight of the year, this was definitely awesomesauce ...
  • Apr : Earth Hour 2009 and tax submission.
  • May : Flew in to Yogyakarta for Irma's grandiose wedding in Semarang.
  • Jun : Rock-climbed! Chopped off my hair.
  • Jul : Turned 29 and got a Wii! Flew to Singapore with Jetstar and got onto the Flyer. Ipoh trip with Maris and family.
  • Aug : KP's wedding with YL. Didn't go to Hanoi - next time maybe.
  • Sept : Hibernated.
  • Oct : Melaka work trip - stayed in Holiday Inn.
  • Nov : Hyatt Kuantan.
  • Dec : Bangkok shopping and food heaven amidst Sheraton luxury. Couldn't ask for more.

Yes I seem to mark my annual events with hotel stays - but see, that's because I didn't expect to travel this year, and the local hotels are what made my year relatively bearable :P But honestly, I'm glad I got the chance to visit US and have that recent shopping spree in BKK.

And for 2010 I shall remember what I reminded myself about a year ago :

Success isn't determined by your gifts, your abilities or your opportunities - it is determined by your ability to develop a great team.
The Law of the Inner Circle - those who are closest to you determine the level of your success.
~John C Maxwell

No comments: