Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Pinnacles

I'd heard of the Pinnacles in Western Australia - some huge sand dunes in the desert. Never been there, but heard it's a rewarding long ride from Perth.

But, I think the Pinnacles in Malaysia really lack publicity! I was flipping thru the MAS brochure for Borneo, and there was this amazing picture of limestones sharply pointing to the sky. It really looked very amazing. And, guess what? It's in Mulu! Yes, Sarawak. Malaysia, apparently, has other sights besides tropical rainforests and beautiful beaches. We've got amazing limestones!

I mean, they're practically "The Apostles" of Melbourne Great Ocean Road kind of material!

I'd like to go there some time. Read that you either trek there (no way for me) or you can fly over it in a 12-seater plane (that needs you to register your weight when you check-in so they can arrange weight distribution on the plane). Cute.

And no, I'm not the made-for-adventure kinda girl. I'm pure city girl through and through. So, I was quite delighted to find out that caving in Mulu doesn't require you to get in direct contact with guano and mud. Yippee! Apparently the caves are spacious enough to have wooden / cemented walkways. Cool.

Only snitch is that, for a local trip i.e. within Malaysia, it requires quite a lot of money - about RM1,500/- for 4D/3N. Hmm. But, it's the only "adventure" thingy within Malaysia I'm interested in - because trekking Taman Negara and climbing Mount Kinabalu seem like too much work :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

they've got steps up kinabalu as well ... to a certain height then the rest bit of climbing on ropes,and on hard rocks towards the peak.

but mulu wld be worth the visit!! come let's go .. hehehe when i've saved up enuff $$ too!