Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

3 months is up!

Been quarter-year since I handed in my valuer's log book for the first year and they told me I needed to do an extension of 3 months before I could proceed to my second year. Boy was I feeling dejected at that time.

But, 3 months is up. And I've finished writing up for the extension period. Shall submit it in again and hopefully this time, get approval to proceed with my second year.

It shall then be another year before I submit it again for the final time in September 2006.

A whole entire year before I can see a salary increase or a promotion. That is demotivating. Definitely one of those moments when you feel like you need your life back.

"Obstacles are those things you see when you take your eyes off the goal." This phrase has been running around my mind for the past few days. The part of the phrase that I think of most - the goal. Do I want to get there?

Looks like I have no choice. But to stick to this low-paying job that no-longer-offers-job-satisfaction-because-work-is-getting-monotonously-boring. Maybe I'm just in a rut. Maybe work is too dull. Maybe because I see no incentive (i.e. payrise, promotion) that keeps me going. Maybe because I don't see myself going anywhere in this company.

I hate being stuck in a rat race that cannot be influenced by my own abilities. No, doesn't mean I want to go into sales. I just don't like to feel unappreciated. Hah! There!

At least now I know why I'm complaining.

It's good to be able to complain somewhere when you can't complain to the boss. But then again, bosses don't like to listen to complaints anyway.

No comments: