Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Brand new

Finally couldn't take my demented computer anymore and decide to reformat it. Not like I'm typing this from my newly-reformatted computer - I'm too lazy right now to dig out my old boxes to retrieve those driver CDs to install my soundcard, videocard, modem, etc. Then I have to re-download my Winamp, Adobe Reader, Spybot S&D, AdAware, etc. And then, I'll have to re-download all over again Desperate Housewives of which I haven't finished watching (maybe I'll just watch it on normal tv) and all my beloved mp3s which are now gone with the wind :P So for now, my computer is still slowly recuperating from its brainwash. YESsss, virus and spywares and what-nots, begone!

You know that it's very empowering to make the decision to reformat your computer without transferring anything out of it? Well, not like I had a choice, because my computer hadn't allowed me to burn anything out and refused to detect my sister's portable harddisk. So I could do nothing but just erase everything - everything including my pictures, my mp3s, my music videos, all my various torrent downloads.

But, back to what I said, it's empowering. No wonder feng shui masters say it's bad chi to accummulate too much. I feel completely refreshed. You should try it too - not that I'm cursing your computer or anything. But, every once in a while, throw trash out - it's good for the soul.

No comments: