Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The day the earth stood still


This 2008 remake stars Jennifer Connelly (from Beautiful Mind) and Keanu Reeves - the major pulling factor for the show. Thank goodness it only cost us RM6 each. Succinctly, it was boring and lacked a climax. Connelly put in as good a performance as she could, Oscar-winning actress that she is, and Keanu was pretty good as the alien because of his natural lack of facial expressions. Will Smith's son appeared to have a rather pointless role and I thought he'd do better to just stay in the background. I quite liked the idea that the entire world was being annihilated and eaten up by metal locusts - pretty cool. Other than that, I'd rather spend my money watching something else - been a long time since I caught a rom-com on the big screen. (Yes, hint hint!)

No comments: