Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tick tock dong dong chiang

I know, everyone's counting down to Christmas and New Year. Me, I'm counting down to Chinese New Year. And I do that by ticking off the long list of things I have to get done before CNY.
  • Spring-cleaning! Wash curtains (oh gosh, never done this before), clean the grilles and windows (I really hate this), wipe off the fans and the tops of cupboards, clear off boxes of stuff we've never opened in a year (so that means they're irrelevant), repack the wardrobe (ah this is good, so that I get to fit in more new clothes), clear my skincare drawer (I'm determined to revamp my regime and make it cheaper), clear the study room in preparation for my one and only new year resolution - basically wash, wash and wash.
  • Put up new deco for CNY - I skipped putting up any Christmas deco because it seems like too much trouble to put them up for a few short days only to replace them with bright red ornaments (aiya, I'm lazy yah).
  • Shop for new clothes! Got a few more days to do that before the year end sales ends right?
  • Make all the necessary appointments for the mandatory pre-CNY haircut (should I cut or just highlight?), facial (my skin is disastrous post-Cellnique-withdrawal, and to think it was once my favourite product), mani-pedi (maybe they can do something about my looking-rather-cracked heels - someone should come up with cleaning products that are harsh on dirt but soft on skin).
  • Go on a diet so I can stuff myself silly on CNY (urm, but not very likely hor, since there's a mini eating fest in Melaka coming up - nevermind, maybe after that).
  • Stock up on CNY goods - especially the hampers of goodies to the parents.
  • Pray and hope and wish for a big fat bonus so that I can plan and distribute and spend my wealth.

I'm sure there's lots more stuff to be done. But, having only ONE MONTH left to do it, I'd better concentrate on the essentials, mustn't I?

Oh, by the way, I'm not totally out of the Christmas mood. Been playing those jingles non-stop for days (they make the pre-in-laws-visit cleaning chores seem a lot easier). Watched Shrek The Halls (what a 30-minute laugh). Will continue watching a load of other Christmas movies to get in the Christmassy mood. I love Christmas :)

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow ....

Daisypath Vacation Ticker

No comments: