Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The first trials of the year

Been almost 2 weeks since. The newspapers are still flooded with tsunami articles. I'm starting to refuse looking at the pictures - too depressing for morning breakfast.

Work has been crazy. But being a supposed newly-renewed person in the new year, I ploughed on resolutely and "snaked" less and worked more - even cut down the chattering in the office. It's funny how when you think you deserve praise and you've done better than usual, that suddenly things become the opposite.

I'll call them TRIALS. The first of many to test my resolute-ness.

1. My leave schedule
This is something very very very VERY important to me. I spend ALL my annual leaves on studying for my exams. And 14 days are definitely not enough for 2 semesters of tests. I'm sure you're familiar with what I've griped about before last year. Well, this year, it gets even better. The boss has decided that there'll be no more unpaid leaves! He specifically mentioned that I'll have to make do with my annual leaves alone when I need to take time off to study. Like, HEY!! - I'm so speechless I don't know what to say -

2. My log book
Yes, I've finally asked the right people, got the right answers, and will be settling down to writing and submitting my 1st year's valuer's log book soon. Plan to submit by the end of this month. BUT, this brings me to no. 3.

3. The February exams
I'm starting to feel nervy and unsettled because the finance figures are not making it. Definitely not making any sense at all to me. Urgh. My assignments have had very borderline results. I need to score in the (terrifying) 3-hour exam in order to pass. Or I'll have to pay another RM2,800/- to resit. The stress is getting to me - having to juggle between writing the log book and studying for the exams *slumps shoulders*

BUT, trials shall make a person stronger. Right, right? I shall pull through this month - hopefully, successfully achieving my mini-goal of the log book. We shall keep an eye, eh?

No comments: